Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2012

A lecture from Sri Sri Ravi Shankar (guruji)

Once we leave the body after that we are at peace, then that is no fun. We have to be at peace while we are alive and be useful to people around us.

We have two weapons – So Hum and So What. Everything changes. Everything is changing in the world. Friends become enemies and enemies become friends. This is what happens in this world. Doesn’t it happen?
People who say, ‘I cannot live without you’, later say, ‘I cannot stand you!’
This happens so often. Not once, but twice, thrice, four times.

There was a lady who was giving a seminar on how to make love work. That lady was divorced seven times! I said, ‘That lady is very much qualified because she has gained knowledge seven times on how it didn’t work and now she can share it!’

See, when we go in search of friends in the world, we find that we don’t get a good friend. But, when you search inside, make friends with your own higher self, with your inner spirit, you find that friendliness comes out of you naturally.
When you are friendly, the whole world becomes your friend. Everybody turns to you. Even your worst enemies become your friends in front of you. When they go away from you, they may think you are their enemy.
From your heart, you don’t encourage animosity with anybody. That is my policy. From my side, I have no enemies.

The world is so interesting, I tell you! So, be in this world, enjoy this world yet not getting caught up or drowned in it. Keep yourself a little aloof. Keep yourself untouched by the external (events). Save your soul, save your mind, save your spirit and save your joy. Don’t let it get muddled up by the events in the world. Are you getting what I am saying?

Don’t let others or any events take away your freedom, take away your joy and your inner peace. This is The Art of Living.
It is a big task. It is a challenge. It is not too easy. I am not saying that it is very easy. It is not flowery-flowery, buttery-buttery, no! Life is not flowery, not buttery, I tell you. There are so many challenges, but the wisdom or knowledge equips you to face the challenges.
The difficulty is when you think life should not have challenges. Then challenges will appear much bigger to you. Life has challenges, but wisdom equips you to face them.

(excerpt from satsang at Bad Antogast, Germany on April 27, 2012)

=)

1 comment:

Jaen said...

it's meaningful!!